Friday, August 27, 2010

One Week Down...

So as predicted, I have been M.I.A. for the past week.  Last Wednesday I took my final exam early and bolted out of Seattle in hopes of reaching Kennewick in time for dinner.  On Thursday morning I had a two hour long interview with Habitat for Humanity for the Volunteer Coordinator position.  After talking with everybody in the office and getting a tour of the re-sale room (where they take donated appliances and building materials and sell them at half their value), they offered me the position.  I'll have you know that I accepted and I'm excited to start work on September 8th. I'll be sure to fill you in on my duties once I'm a bit more acquainted with the job myself.

After the interview, Cameron and I packed for family reunion fun in Sun Lakes Middle of Nowhere, Washington.  There were 40-50 of us staying in little bunkers and enjoying the huge communal kitchen that the site offered.  We swam, ate, hiked, cliff jumped and played with babies. All great fun. 

I left a day early to catch up with Analisa, Ebay, Jimmy and Keith in Tacoma on Saturday night for the Lady Gaga concert.  We meshed right in with the other freaks wearing fish net tights and neon colored accessories.  Gaga delivered a sacriligeous shock-and-awesome show, and we finished the night sweaty from monster dancing to "Bad Romance."

After a night spent in a tent in Analisa's backyard I made my way to Portland for a camping trip with my long-time friend Sean and his roommate James.  We fished, hiked, caught crawdads, rope swinged, gutted fish, whittled and ate s'mores for three days in the Oregon wilderness. I haven't felt so much like a kid since...I was a kid perhaps. With no agenda, I was free to roam, nap, war paint my face, and observe nature without a care in the world.

I just got back home a couple of hours ago seriously in need of laundry detergent and time outside of my little Corolla.  I head out for Seattle tomorrow to get Ali and hear about her summer at Malibu Young Life Camp. On the 30th I fly from SeaTac to Denver to spend a week with Allyssa and I'll be returning to Spokane on the 6th.  Anybody wanna pick me up from the airport?

2 comments:

  1. I was so excited to hear about what you've been up to!! Congrats on the volunteer coordinator position....that is WAY cool!! We are all doing such cool things!

    Miss you.

    Ande

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lindsay! So glad to hear that your camping trip was a blast! We should do a corner house camping trip some day...I think that would be Epic! Love you!

    ReplyDelete