Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Gotta keep your nose to the grindstone

Ahhh the last day of summer. So sad to say goodbye to 100 degree weather and lazy days at the river. Oh wait, I was in SEATTLE this year. Scratch the line about summer, I’m ready for fall.

I need to leave for work in about ten minutes but I want to get a blurb in before I start my third week of craziness at Habitat. After an enjoyable Sunday-Monday weekend filled with cocoa-banana muffins, awkward Jonah Werner concerts (no one told me that you had to be a high schooler to go), guitar lessons, and my second attempt at sambar curry; I’m rested and ready to get back to scheduling volunteers and being the tech girl at work.

Working for Habitat is not what I expected in the slightest. I have to remind myself (often) that it’s a blessing to even have a job in this economy and to thank God for the good things rather than focusing on the negatives. I think that everything will get better as time goes on and I get more acquainted with my duties but right now I feel overwhelmed and unprepared for the infinite task list that awaits me in Richland.

Here’s a look at today’s to-dos:

Pray-pray-pray

Check emails that I missed from taking Monday off

Schedule corporate groups to volunteer on Saturdays

Make sure the store is stocked with volunteers

Meeting with my boss

Revamp the current system for scheduling volunteers online

Enter data for the past 3 weeks volunteers

Update our website and facebook pages

Get a table ready for a street fair tomorrow

God help me.

3 comments:

  1. He will help you. I'm praying for you Linz.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have faith in your Lindsay! You will do great :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!! I hope this weekend you have rest. Love u busy lady:)

    ReplyDelete