Monday, January 10, 2011

Someone's got a case of the Mondays

Okay, so I started this post Monday morning and finished after my guitar lesson in the afternoon.  Please observe how fickle my outlook on life can be!

Monday morning:

Ugh...what a day. I don't know what my deal is but every fiber or my being is anti-today. It's my day off and I should be relaxing and enjoying the free time but I get anxious almost every Monday. I worry about my guitar lesson and not being prepared, I dread going to rehearsal at 5:30, and even the little things that should be enjoyable--like going to lunch with my cousins--seem like chores. The good news is that even though my Monday mornings usually start off funkified, after the guitar lesson the day looks a little brighter.

I'm thinking of tutoring in the ESL classroom starting next week. Somebody keep me accountable for that okay? Just ask how it went, cause I'm sure if I just get out of the house in the morning things will look up.

Monday afternoon (Reflection on Saturday):


On Saturday, Shivyon and I decided to be spontaneous and drive to Walla Walla after work for some wine tasting.  The drive was beautiful and we arrived in the cute little downtown district around 4:30.  Sadly, most of the tasting rooms closed right about that time and reopened for music at 8.  After about half an hour of walking around we finally found a little tasting room that was open.  The "Sleight of Hand" wine was abysmal but the girl with dreads (dreds?) serving us was nice and said we didn't need to pay the usual $5 tasting fee.  We walked to the Millhouse Brewery for a well balanced meal of spiced wine, buttered rum, and pot stickers.  We finished dinner and were ready for some good music but when we looked at the clock it wasn't even 6.

Me and my spiced wine at the Millhouse Brewery.


After that we headed to a beautiful cafe/restaurant/wine bar called Olive and got huge glasses of Merlot and Cabernet Sauvignon.  We setttled down in comfy leather chairs and chatted for over an hour as we waited for the band to start at Sapolil.  Pleasantly tipsy, we paid the $3 cover charge and sang along with the 3 man band as middle-aged couples awkwardly danced and made me happy that older people could still hold on to that can't-take-my-eyes-off-of-you romance.

I sobered up and we drove home to the T.C.  I was exhausted from the week and wine but glad to have done something out of hum-drum Kennewick routine.  Next trip planned: Spokane!

3 comments:

  1. Lindsay do ESL! I will ask you! I'm all about ESL. I start my Russian class next week so we can keep eachothe accountable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh linz this sounds so fun!! I haven't had wine in forever

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wine tasting sounds lovely!! And ya gotta love awkward dancing!

    ReplyDelete