Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Update Shmupdate

Ever since I so melodramatically left the blogging stage two weeks ago, I have had a wary eye set on Skype waiting for Oscar to pop up out of nowhere and scare the Bajeezus out of me.  Well, I'm happy to say that hasn't happened and he is once again fading to a emotionally confused memory. 

In other news...work has been going a lot better.  I think that I'll report my job satisfaction level at a 7 today at my weekly check in (10 being awesome). It's weird how the desire to please my boss and let her know I'm happy has actually manifested itself in my daily activity and made work more enjoyable.  I made it a goal to enjoy my job more so that I could put her mind at ease, and I started doing things a bit differently. What I really feel like I'm missing is deeper relationships with the other staff and volunteers.  I made that a priority these past two weeks and I started to like going to work.

I had my fifth guitar lesson yesterday. Did I ever mention to anyone that I was taking guitar? Anywho, my former band teacher is now teaching me Beatles riffs and Dust in the Wind.  Its tough but I'm finding time to practice almost every day and the calluses on my fingers are proof. Next time the Corner House unites around a fire I'll be able to play "Scarborough Fair" with ease :) Missing you all terribly.

3 comments:

  1. I can't wait to have a campfire and hear you play the guitar!! It's good to hear you are enjoying your job more, I'm so glad :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. AHHH I wan tto have one of those campfires right now :( glad work is going better and can't wait to be serenaded by you sometime soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry that Oscar popped up. Isn't it weird how those random incidents leave you scratching your head AGAIN?!?!?!sigh.
    Glad work is becoming more enjoyable. I feel like I am relaxing a little more in my job too, and feel more like a real person, instead of this working robot. That's really dramatic statement, but you get what I mean : )
    Love you Lindsay!

    ReplyDelete