Tuesday, October 26, 2010

The Office

Ladies and ladies, I present to you Habitat for Humanity Tri-Cities...
 This is my office. I'd really like to take those pictures down but I don't want to offend anyone. They were there when I set up camp a month an a half ago.
Ahhhhh...typical! I had to come up with my "Top 5" goals as Volunteer Coordinator but I made sure that they didn't supercede Whitworth's alternative "Big 3." Gosh I miss that place.

 I drink lots of jasmine tea and hot water out of that Halloween mug. That picture was my first order of business in an attempt to decorate my space a bit.
The view from my desk.

 I had a really good weekend--went to roller derby and carved pumpkins with Corrie and her boyfriend Nick.  Shivyon and her boyfriend Zach came over after and we watched Shutter Island and ate Ben and Jerry's (you MUST try Americone Dream). It was nice to hang out with a group of friends again.  They're good at making me not feel like the 5th wheel.

Yesterday was my day off.  I had to do a deep clean of our pantry after a rogue spice from an Indian supermarket threatened to suffocate anyone who opened the cupboard door.  Note to everyone--if a recipe calls for asafoetida, just order Indian take out instead.  Whatever you do, DO NOT add this stuff to your spice rack. I had pumpkin chip bread baking which covered up the stench quite well and then it was off to my 5th guitar lesson.

Well, I'm going to make lunch and head to work. Love to all!

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE seeing where you work every day. So cute Lindz... Way to go Habitat for Humanity Tri-Cities volunteer coordinator WOOT. Miss you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pictures!!! Thanks for the visual. Your post makes me smile

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWWW a real office! How cute! I especially love the picture on your desk...maybe its a bias :) So proud of you for making it be the best it can be :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY for pictures!

    BTW, what's in americone dream?

    ReplyDelete