Thursday, November 11, 2010

Variation on a Theme

Last night as I conference-Skyped with Emily and Joanna, I felt a bit sheepish as it came time to give the Lindsay Update.  There's a reason I haven't blogged in two weeks and it pretty much boils down to the fact that there's not a whole lot to talk about.  I'm in a routine here at home and while I'm enjoying myself and thanking God for the simplicity, it's not the stuff of interesting conversation topics.

I get up, work out, head to work, take a half hour lunch break and walk to Goodwill, go back to work, head home, make dinner, drink wine with my mom, and play my guitar. On Sundays I go to church with the family, check out Costco with my mom, and sometimes Grandma and Grandpa come over for dinner. Mondays bring guitar lessons that still make me nervous, and hitting the gym at my old high school with Mrs. Smith--my Spanish teacher/track coach/mentor/hero.

The funny thing is, since I'm stuck in the mundane, I forget that everyone else's lives are moving forward and filled with exciting news.  Joanna is headed to Seattle for another commercial??? Emily is spending the next week with Zach in California??? News to me!

Apparently I need to do a better job of calling all my friends up for regular check ins.  How crazy to think that I'm not getting word about boyfriend visits, blossoming romances, artistic direction, drunken snafoos and the like!

1 comment:

  1. I wish I would have been able to skype with y'all! Okay so I'm with you on the routineness. I have decided I am going to mix it up. On some mornings i am just going to get up and go sit by the waterfront and look at the Puget Sound. And then some nights I'm going to go talk to a randy that looks like they need a friend. This girl at work was talking about it in her devotions today--she called it "getting rid of the familiar spirit." Anyways it really blessed me so I thought I would pass it along. Love you bunches and want to chat soon :)

    ReplyDelete