Monday, November 29, 2010

Hmm…it seems that this blog has slipped into the realm of biweekly things.  I’ll try to correct that in the coming weeks.  Thanksgiving was practically perfect in every way, just like Mary Poppins.  My grandpa (Mom’s dad) had another little stroke though.  Please say a little prayer for him and thank God for this time in our lives—we’re young, healthy, happy, and have so much ahead of us! As for the present…here is a pictorial representation of November 2010:
 This is my hero-mentor-friend informally known as "Smith."  She was my high school Spanish teacher and track coach.  I work out with her on Mondays when we put on our thiz faces (seen above), do cleans, speak Spanglish and dance.
This is my friend Heidi.  We met when she was volunteering at Habitat and she invited me over for dinner the other night.  We're going to lunch this week and I'm going to try Pho' for the first time.

Ali and Cameron paving the way for our sled and snowboards in the Horse Heaven Hills.  We were very adventurous and discovered this little run the day before Thanksgiving.

 On Thanksgiving morning over 3000 people braved the snow and ice to participate in the Turkey Trot along the Columbia River.  My family finished the 5K holding hands. My dad's wearing his mom's hat in her honor--she spent last Thanksgiving with us and died earlier this year so this was a tough holiday for him.
Zach and Corrie were in the Tri over break and we celebrated Shivyon's birthday with cake, drinks, dancing, more drinks, and drinking games. I suppose it's good to let loose every once in a while!

According to Johnston family tradition we headed to the Blue Mountains to cut down our 15' Christmas tree.  This is by far the most beautiful one we've ever had.  I was in charge of documenting everything on account of an injured back, but Mike Jones and Ginny enjoyed frolicking in the snow.

2 comments:

  1. This blog makes me so happy! I love the pics of your family and all the cute things you do together :)) I especially love your dad's hat :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved how your whole family held hands a cross the finish line! That looks so cold. Praying for Grandpa. I love your blog with your pictures :)

    ReplyDelete