Thursday, June 23, 2011

This treats me.

It is so good to be back at Whitworth.

I love the campus, and the professors, and my classmates, and dance aerobics classes, and the Corner House, and biking around with hipster undergrads...the list doesn't stop.

God is receving near constant Thank you's and Alleluia's from me.  I'm reading Exodus right now and I can't help identifying with the deliverance theme.  Okay okay, I'm being melodramatic and the Tri-Cities doesn't really compare with slavery.  But, I can still be thankful.

The first week of MIT was exhausting and I was just trying to keep my head above water.  I'm in a groove now and soaking up the 7 hours of lecture each day.  At lunch, I played frisbee with a couple of guys from my classes and about 20 of us went to Taste of Thai tonight. Tomorrow we get to hear what Analisa's cohort has been researching during their time in the program. 

Things with my parents are not so good.  Prayers are welcome. I'm a bit worried about the way Cameron will deal with everything.

I'm planning on checking out Hoopfest this weekend and hanging out with one of my friends from high school in Cour d'Alene.  Maybe I'll post some pictures next blog!

2 comments:

  1. Lindsay, your comment on Exodus made me smile. God wants you to connect with His word personally, even if we haven't necessarily lived through famines or witnessed wine turning into water. God is speaking to you and it is exciting. It inspires me to dig deeper into the Bible myself. Thank you for that!
    I am sorry to hear about your parents. I am praying for your whole family.
    Glad that you are enjoying Whitworth. There is no place like it!!!!
    Love you girl! I love you and your spirit (well I guess your spirit, makes you, you...so they aren't seperate haha)!!!!

    ReplyDelete