Sunday, June 5, 2011

Va-vi-va-va...

...as my dear friends Rylie and Borat would say.  This post is going to be drastically different from the last. So much has happened in the course of two weeks.  I have some things to praise about:
  • My lower back (that I screwed up in November) is healing. I don't know what was wrong with it or how it is getting better, but I thank God that I have most of my range of motion back.
  • I am done with my job at Habitat.  Definitely a hard decision to make but I  know it's the right one. I have learned a lot about myself and the type of work environment I need.  I will never hold another desk job again, if I can help it.  I want to be on my feet, moving around, among young people and hopefully near a window.
  • The Whitworth MITprogram accepted me into the 2011 cohort! Also a crazy-fast life switch but I'm so excited.  I'll be in school (my comfort zone), around Whitworth professors and staff, and working toward a fulfilling career.
  • I have a place to live for the summer.  I'll be back in the Corner House for June and July and then it looks like I'll be travelling around a bit in August.
I'm happy that the warm weather is here and that I'll see my Corner House girls in less than a week. Happy day!

2 comments:

  1. Lindsay, good things are coming your way. I am excited to share teaching stories with you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete