Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Last week was one of early mornings, frantic commutes on I-5, and a nauseating amount of mathematical proofs. All the romanticized notions of being a Seattleite from a couple posts ago have long since bowed to the more pressing concerns of merely passing my classes.

This morning exemplifies quite succinctly how I’m reacting to the math classes at the UW…I woke up to the cawing of an obnoxious crow outside my window. Upon realizing that the crow was not my alarm, I assumed (in a slew of choice expletives) that I must have overslept, missed the bus, and lost all hope of scraping by in math and graduating by the end of summer. In reality, it was 5:45 and my alarm was set to go off in another 15 minutes. In my paranoid state I decided to blog instead of fall back asleep and risk missing my alarm again.

To give you all (all two of you?) an idea of what life has been like on the west side, take a look at the agenda for today:

Wake up at 5:45 to crow cawing.

Catch the bus in Burien at 7:00.

Do homework during the hour commute to the UW.

Spend two hours in Algebra writing proofs.

Spend two hours in Geometry taking notes.

Stay in the library/professor’s office until 5 trying to finish a good chunk of the Geometry homework.

Take the bus back to Burien and relax to the loud couple two seats back talking about their troubled pasts.

Water the flowers at the Haack’s house.

Eat, and work on Algebra until about 10:00.

Collapse into bed, proofs spinning in my head, and nervously set my alarm for the next day.

2 comments:

  1. Lindsay:) I can't believe that is your schedule! You go girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow honey! Sounds like you are busy! I'm sure you'll get into a groove and it'll get easier.

    ReplyDelete