Monday, March 7, 2011

Here's to Friends!

Ever since I got done with Almost Maine my social life has exploded.  I'm getting together with three girls from high school (Dana, Shiv and Holly) on a weekly basis, making trips to see friends in Spokane, Portland and Seattle (that trip is coming in April), hanging out with coworkers after work (we're making pesto tonight), and meeting new friends in the T.C.  Last week I went to trivia night at a bar in Richland and met four guys that were about my age--all of them smart, funny, nice, pretty cute. Where have they been hiding for the past six months?! I'm very happy these days and soaking up the good vibes that the people in my social circle emanate. 

Right now I'm in Portland and it's 8:30 AM on a Monday.  I came to see my longtime friend Sean and he doesn't do mornings. So I'm taking the opportunity to catch up a bit on the ol' blog, practice guitar, organize my iTunes, maybe walk to Starbucks...I'll head back to the Tri after Sean goes to work and perhaps hike Multnomah Falls on the way.  I feel a little sluggish after Saturday night's boozy karaoke escapade, a visit to Voodoo Doughnuts (GET THE MAPLE BACON DOUGHNUT!), and a weekend of eating meals in a house void of vegetables.  It was nice to catch up with Sean though and I wish I could stay here a bit longer.

I'm looking forward to Lent starting on Wednesday.  I don't know what I'm going to do.  There are so many aspects of my life in which I could impose a little discipline, so many better uses of my time and money.  I need to pick one of them this month and work through sacrifice a bit. Do any of you have plans for Lent?

1 comment:

  1. Did you do well with the trivia? Glad you were able to finally run into some nice guys! I do not have plans for lent yet. My church was talking about it last Sunday. They made the suggestion to change a behavior instead of giving up an item. Like not going out to eat and instead sharing meals with people in the community. Or adding something...like supporting a different organization or charity for the season of Lent.

    ReplyDelete