Monday, May 2, 2011

Maybe today!

Good morning Monday. It's good to see you again. I was toying with the thought ofgoing in to work today but you, my weekend, are too relaxing to leave.  I'll leave Tuesday through Saturday for the phone calls and planning. Today is meant for recovery and preparation.

Saturday is the culmination of a project I've been working on since December--The Walk Home 5K/1mi for Habitat.  There is so much that has come together to make it possible and I am going to need to cling close to God this week to avoid the stress and anxiety that could precede the big event. Analisa is coming into Kennewick to run the 5K and spend some time with me and I'm so excited to see her. Ande was right in her message to us this past week--the Corner House girls are an island of joy and peace among the sea of stress and unknowns. I love you girls so much.



I'm reading The Shack by William P. Young and it's an answered prayer.  I have been struggling with stress and overcommitment and it paints a beautiful picture of what truly counts--a relationship with God.  The book tells the story of a desperate man who goes out into the woods to spend the weekend with the Trinity.  In the last chapter I read, the Holy Spirit (in the form of an asian woman who loves to garden), explains that humanity's determination to define good and evil and our lust for control has lead us away from the relationship for which we were created. 

I see this happen over and over again in my own life: I feel lost and frantic so I make rules and try to keep everything under control.  I overcrowd my life with activities that I "should" do, things that I decide are part of God's will for me. I end up overcome by anxiety, carrying the weight of the world on my shoulders.  My body physically screams at me to let go of the burden and still I don't trust God to take over. 

I came across a Bible verse this morning and it goes along with what God keeps revealing:

1 Corinthians 15: 24, 26 "Then the end will come, when He hands over the kingdom to God the Father after he has destroyed all dominion, authority, and power...The last enemy to be destroyed is death."

Once again I need Jesus to destroy the dominion, authority, and power that I try to wield. Again I hand my life over for God's kingdom.  There is no doubt in my mind that I will lose focus and return to this place of desperation.  What hope we have in the promise to be part of a perfect kingdom someday. Maybe today :)

No comments:

Post a Comment