Monday, May 9, 2011

On Saturday at 2PM I left the Habitat Office after tearing down the biggest event that I have ever put on.  The Walk Home 5K/1mi saga is over. Hallelujah!

I really did enjoy myself the day of the event but the stress was so oppressive leading up to it.  I woke up at 4:45AM because my upper-back/chest pain decided to beat my alarm clock to the punch.  I picked up coffee for the volunteers, directed the traffic cones and stage to their respective places, ran to retrieve tables, chairs, food, paper etc., made some announcements, counted money and talked to our sponsors.  It was great to see E-bay and Analisa show up with a Cinnamon Dolce Latte from Starbucks and catch my breath--you girls know me so well!

After a failed attempt at a nap at home the girls drove me to Spokane where my family and I met up with Ali who just got back from Central America.  We ate way too much restaurant food and spent a couple hours debriefing about the students' reentry into American culture.  We spent 6 hours bonding as I picked dead lice eggs out of her hair on Sunday night.  The little suckers (ha!) are a real pain in the bum but we got to talk and watch I30 Rock together. I'm excited to hear more about her adventures when she gets home on Thursday.

Josh Cleveland (RD) met up with me for coffee at Pleasant Blends in Spookaloo. We talked about vocation and fulfillment and God. He's so great.  I really appreciated him listening and giving me feedback about my life situation.

I'm off to small group now. It's Italian night. Ciao!

2 comments:

  1. Ah I love hearing about you life!! I'm so glad your event went so well but we all knew it would with you organizing it. I feel your pain with the lice. One of our girls came in with lice and we have been picking out hundreds of lice and nits for the past week...I hate lice :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha oh man that sucks that she got lice :( Them suckers!!

    I'm glad your event went well!!

    What small group?

    LOVE U!

    ReplyDelete