Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Make your own caramel!

For the Fourth of July I tried my hand at making a Caramel Pecan Cheesecake.  The Cheescake dissappeared quickly but I was left to deal with a cup of leftover caramel.  I ended up putting it in my coffee every day last week and IT IS TO DIE FOR!! It's super easy to make so I thought I'd share the recipe:



Better Than Starbucks Caramel Sauce

1 Cup White Sugar
1 T Water
3 T Butter
1/2-1 Cup Whipping Cream

Put the sugar and water in a sauce pan on medium high and wait for it to boil.  It seems impossible when you compare the mountain of sugar and the little drip of water, but be patient! Once all the sugar has turned amber in color add the butter and stir until melted.  Remove from heat and while stirring add the cream a little at a time. You can adjust the amount of cream to how thick you want the caramel to be.  Let the caramel cool and keep refrigerated.

No comments:

Post a Comment