Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Turn that frown upside-down...

I’ve been in front of this glaring computer screen for most of the day. I have my back to the windows that sit between me and the Puget Sound. The sun has just decided to make an appearance, reflecting off the dust particles and smudges on my screen rendering it even more glare-y. And here I sit, gloomily contemplating a day full of lame excuses.

I decided not to go to kick-boxing today because I was going to study for the finals I have scheduled for tomorrow. I decided not to work out period because my throat is showing all the signs of an impending cold. I’ve avoided going outside because it was too cloudy, and I’m not about to grace summer with my presence unless it has the decency to stop being a drizzly little bitch. Now, I’ve come full circle and started avoiding my study guides after calculating that I only need a 53% on the final to pass. Yes, it’s safe to assume that I woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning.

I think that tends to happen when you’re sharing a bed with Apple the Diabetic Pomeranian. She doesn’t realize that you’re planning on skipping your 9 AM kick boxing class and proceeds to force you out of bed before 6. Huh…sounds likes someone’s making another lame excuse for her bad attitude.

So, here’s to snapping out of it and looking on the bright side…the sun is out now, I’m a day away from never thinking about the Protractor Postulate again, I have a date with Ande to look forward to, I just charged my new iPod, AND even though I went for a run yesterday, my ankle is relatively unswollen. Yes. Thank God, thank blogging, thank positive thinking. I feel better already!

No comments:

Post a Comment